At the core of Ruth’s work is a belief in the power of art as an instrument of social change.
Her work as a designer is based on collaborative practice, creating work both with and for a diverse range of professional and non-professional artists and participants.
She has worked for the Royal Opera House Learning department since 2009, designing 5 community operas, young artist performances as well as leading design training and teaching workshops. She is the lead artist and judge for the Royal Opera House Design Challenge, a position she has held since the programme’s inception in 2010
Other work as Lead Practitioner includes projects for English National Opera Baylis, Garsington Opera, The Grange Festival, the Wigmore Hall, The National Film Theatre, Glyndebourne Opera, Opera North, English Touring Opera, National Saturday Art Club and Battersea Arts Centre.
- Author and speaker – Royal Opera House, film series for the Design Challenge 2017-2019
- Speaker – Theatrecraft Careers Fair ROH, 2019
- Industry Speaker – Creative and Cultural Skills / National Skills Academy 2016 and 2019
Karen Gillingham, Freya Wynn Jones, Hazel Gould, Tim Yealland, David Stevenson, John Barber, James Redwood, Pete Le Tenka, Natasha Khamjani, Rob Guildon, Hannah Conway, Jessie Maryon Davies.
- Brighton Metropolitan University
- Central School Speech and Drama
- University of the Creative Arts
- University of the Arts Bournemouth
- Durham University
- Spitalfields Festival Take over
- Millions of Years – ENO
- ENO Baylis – Jenufa project
- ENO Baylis Aida project
- ENO Baylis – V and A project